Re: [SelectorsAPI] Selector detection needed?

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:29:50 +0200, Daniel Glazman
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I don't expect authors to do this. I expect them to simply code against
>> what the user agent supports they're developing for. (Which is what I
>> would do too, admittedly.)
>
> You made me laugh a lot here. "what the user agent supports" ??? When
> you're developing a cross-browser web site ? Ask a web designer,
> Anne !!!

Cross-browser typically means browser X, Y and Z. Not browser N for any
value of N. And yes, it's not always pretty, but having standardized
conditionals doesn't make it any better and I fear it would be a huge
complexity tax on user agent developing teams, giving them less time to
focus on interoperability (which is what we really want).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>