Re: fallback color for background-image (ISSUE-5)

On Apr 4, 2008, at 8:25 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> What if the image uses opacity features provided by the image
> format? (PNG, SVG, etc. have that.) You don't want red to "shine
> through", you want whatever to shine through that is below the
> element in question.

Ah, that is actually a good point. I didn't quite understand the
syntax, but the need is real. I've had cases where the background PNG
loads a little too late after the element is displayed, or has a
problem loading at all, or where Webkit decides not to show it at all
because a form has begun to be submitted. It would be nice in such
cases to have a solid fallback color that is NOT used when the PNG
(with variable translucency) is present.