Re: 300x150 px defaults too aggressive

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/coords.html#IntrinsicSizing

> and last I
> checked there were disputes whether percentage widths / heights can ever
> contribute to intrinsic heights / widths / ratios,

That's an orthogonal discussion that isn't relevant to the cases I'm concerned
with as far as I can see.

> not to mention that
> the effect of SVG view specifications on this has yet to be defined, see
> e.g. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2007JanMar/0069 and
> follow-ups (member-only).
 >
> I think before the CSS Working Group can consider changes to the text in
> CSS 2.1, we need to have a clear and complete description of the SVG
> side of the issue, so we can properly evaluate the impact of any change
> (which will be hard enough with multiple accumulated change proposals).

Although it's SVG that has brought this to my attention, I don't think this is
necessarily an SVG issue. It's simply an issue of the CSS spec covering the
cases where replaced elements have only _one_ of intrinsic width or intrinsic
height, and no intrinsic ratio - a case that doesn't seem to have been considered.

> That aside, could you give some real world example where you'd write the
> code above?

The less contrived case would be when the SVG is embedded by reference and the
CSS is on the embedding element (e.g. HTML <object>).

Jonathan