Re: [becss] "Behavioral Extensions to CSS" computed value question

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:46:50 +0200, David Woolley
> <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
>> Incidentally, I wasn't aware that the javascript: scheme had been
>> officially approved.
>
> That a URI scheme has been registered doesn't mean it's ok to use
> everywhere. It's certainly useful for bookmarklets and the like, but a
> lot less so in web pages.

Correct.

But I think the point was that it *hasn't* been registered.

All I can find is a draft published one year ago, and not updated since
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoehrmann-javascript-scheme-00).

IMHO, these "identifiers", as used in HTML, do *not* identify resources,
and thus should not be considered as URIs. (Which in turn means that if
HTML5 wants to sanction these, it probably should define behaviour for
them separately from regular URIs).

Best regards, Julian