Re: Proposal: "text-transform" property revision

Brad Kemper wrote:

> Paul, that is a good argument not to use it that way all the time, and
> perhaps not on BBC headlines, but there are probably a lot of situations
> to be able to lowercase the letters first, before capitalizing them.
>
> For instance, I  often have to deal with a system that stores all of its
> data in ALL CAPS, and I use VBscript on the server right now to make
> them lowercase and then Initial Capped. It does mess up a few things
> like initialisms, but it is more acceptable than the alternative, at
> least for me with that (limited) particular usage.

I'm confused. Why would we want to first lowercase and then capitalize
all initials in the CSS layer? CSS should be styling not data cleaning,
so shouldn't the HTML layer contain the text in a "naturalized" form of
capitalization, with necessary data cleaning performed on the server?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis