Re: Printing Backgrounds

On Oct 5, 2007, at 2:42 PM, fantasai wrote:

> Although they have an option to do so, by default most browsers
> don't print backgrounds.
> I'd like to change that so that we print backgrounds for authors
> who have thought about
> print and have set up their style sheets accordingly.

If you have any sway over how browser publishers implement features,
how about you just get them to print what is specified? I really hate
that they think they know better than me what vital design elements
should print or not, and break the default printing of that design
according to their own blanket presuppositions about my  designs. The
average browser user usually has no idea that setting is even there.
Why stop there? As long as they are deciding to chop out my
background images in a way that neither the designer or end user
would appreciate, they might as well chop out my foreground images
yoo, and then why not my border and font specifications as well?

Sorry. Touchy subject. You did ask for comments.