Re: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

fantasai wrote:

> Heya everyone,
> Jason Cranford Teague (AOL's CSSWG rep) and I are planning to redesign
> the CSS homepage to make it more useful and give it a new look:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
>
> We're interested in your feedback on how to make it more useful and
> usable.

Completely unstyled very rough (and somewhat incomplete) draft at:

   http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/csswg/redesign-2007/

Comments and suggestions welcome.

(Note that this doesn't include the front page redesign, which Jason's working on.)

Some ideas under consideration:

   - Turning all the spec lists into a table format, like on our current-work
     page, with
       * a column to link to the latest test suite
       * maybe a very small description under the spec name
       * some kind of status (last updated, active/inactive, editors' names)
   - Split http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/ into one page per test suite,
     using the overview page to link to that page and to direct-link the
     latest version.

I know it needs a lot of work yet, hopefully you guys can point me in the right
directions.

~fantasai