RE: Proposal of @ua

Brad Kemper wrote in reply to Freyjkell:

> > // valid:
> >
> > body
> > {
> > 	background: url('top_left.jpg') top left, url('bottom_right.jpg')
> > bottom right;
> > }
> > @media (renderer:Trident)
> > {
> > 	body
> > 	{
> > 		background:url('alternative.jpg');
> > 	}
> > }
> >
> > --
> > Freyjkell
> >

> Yes. I would see something like this example as a useful guidance
> note to accompany the specification in the Recommendation.

But that is not needed. The same can be done with.

body
{
background: url('alternative.jpg') center;
}
body
{
background: url('top_left.jpg') top left, url('bottom_right.jpg') bottom right;
}

All browsers that I have tested in that doesn't support multiple backgrounds will ignore the later rule block and use the earlier rule block instead. This is what this updated test case demonstrates.

http://css-class.com/test/css/colorsbackgrounds/multiple-backgrounds.htm

It has be altered to be nice to IE5.5 or earlier. No escape is needed now.

Kind regards, Alan