Re: Proposal of @ua

Brad Kemper wrote:

> Not really. I just know how quickly the company I work for will start
> getting calls and e-mails from our customers if something on the site is
> not working right (although it is kind of rare, because I do a lot of
> cross-browser testing). I suspect Amazon would get more calls & e-mails

In my experience acting on such complaints would make you rare for
anyone much bigger than a one man amateur site.  I long since gave up
complaining about usability, and HTML quality issues to significant
company web sites, and accept that I need to keep a copy of Windows and
IE to hand, and to be prepared to turn font sizes back on.

I generally expect to be ignored, fobbed off, or told to use a modern
version of IE, as that is what the site is designed for.

My gut feeling is that less than 1% of people experiencing serious
problems with a site will complain, especially when they are not using
out of the box IE to access it.

--
David Woolley