Re: Parsing media queries

On Wednesday 2007-11-14 18:01 +0200, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> I agree that it doesn't make sense to allow escapes. After all, the spec
> are Basic Latin identifiers--not arbitrary strings.

Have you tested what existing implementations do with character
escapes?  (Assuming that those implementations support character
escapes in CSS.)  In both media queries in HTML and in CSS?

The implementation that I'd started to write for Mozilla would have
accepted character escapes, although it wouldn't be too much extra
work to disallow them in one or both modes.  But I expect
implementors may default to accepting them.

-David