Re: Chunking was: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:
> in my opinion the scroll bar should not be necessary at all for - most -
> users on any page.

I would agree for navigation pages, but not for pages with real content.
  For those I don't want to have to keep fetching new pages.  That's
particularly true for FAQ pages, where I often want to skim all the
FAQs.  Some sorts of document really need both modes: short pages for
people wanting to answer very specific questions, and long pages for
people wanting to understand the subject.

That's one reason why I'll often prefer PDF files (the other is that PDF
files tend to be written by technical authors or the actual technicians
whereas web pages tend to be written by advertising types - which is an
inversion of what they should be best for!)

--
David Woolley