Re: scroll-position

On Nov 6, 2007, at 4:57 AM, Markus Jonsson wrote:

> The standard flow of text is top to bottom. Yet it has become
> conventional to list ordered data (such as a mailbox) bottom to
> top, possibly
> due to the fact that the initial scroll position is normally at the
> top, and of course it's preferable to have the newest data visible at
> start.

Is this appropriate? Were I to do this to a page, the user scrolls
up, and then via javascript I retrieve the value of the style
property, which value should be returned? I can do this and get an
idea of the state of other elements, but here it would be useless.
While your use case seems valid, this doesn't seem to me to be the
correct approach. Not sure what should be though. Something XBLish?

John Oyler
john@discrevolt.com