Re: last-letter and last-line Pseudo-Elements

I recently had the same discussion, and came to the realisation that the
first letter itself is not an element, but part of the <p> element, for
example. To me, this yields ::first-letter.

Aside from that, the specs say so themselves. But if you need a
justification, that could be one; I know it worked for me.

Adam