Re: controlling tab size

--- Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com> wrote:

> That said. The ascii standard is that tabs are 8 spaces. That some editors
> choose to break the standard does not make a good idea to extend this useless
> and incompatible non-standard to browsers.
>
> The biggest problem with non-standard tab-size is that they regress very
> poorly to standard (or old) viewers.

Problems only arise when indention is sometimes done with tabs and sometimes done with spaces.
There is no problem when they aren't mixed. I have read seemingly hundreds of times, "Mixing tabs
and spaces for indention is bad, so only use spaces!" and it makes absolutely no sense. Mixing
tabs and spaces for indention is bad, but it seems that few ever consider the possibility of using
only tabs for indention.

(Sorry for my previous duplicate emails. I was being told they were failing to be sent.)