Re: controlling tab size

Yahia,

You can render tabs in the output of the webpage itself (control character
U+0009) ... he's not talking about in the whitespace.  If your still
curious, a few Google searches should provide tutorials and examples.

James - Have you considered the "text-indent" property?  Or depending on
what you're doing, "word-spacing" might be might be appropriate as well.

I don't see much advantage in adding a "tab-size" property when it's so
seldom used, and there are a wide-range of alternatives that would produce a
near identical outcome.

Perhaps expanding a bit on your requirements would help?

Regards,

- Harry Maugans
  http://www.harrymaugans.com

On 3/26/07, Yahia <cyahia@gmail.com> wrote:

> James Justin Harrell <herorev@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I personally prefer tabs over spaces for indenting
> > source code because it is more semantic and easier to change
> > how wide the indentions are.
>
> If any tab in the source HTML is rendered as a whitespace, in the same
> fashion that any amout of whitespace is rendered as a single one, then why
> would you want to control it with CSS?
>
> You're saying you use tabs in the source for indenting. What does that
> have to do with CSS?
>

> --
> Yahia
> <http://yahia.ma/antiblog/>