From: Bjoern Hoehrmann [mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net]
Sent: 26 March 2007 15:06
To: Fennell, Philip
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: CSS2, 3.2 Conformance, point 4...

* Fennell, Philip wrote:
>I am in the process of building a CSS 2 processor that takes as input
>an XML document and obtains any CSS style sheets referenced by the
>xml-stylesheet processing instruction. The processor then parsers the
>style sheet(s) and applies the CSS rules to the XML document. The
>output is the original XML document with CSS style property attributes
>embedded according to the CSS rules. A subsequent process will render
>the 'styled' XML document.

FWIW, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Jun/0001.html
is a quick and dirty implementation of just that based on the GNOME lib- croco and libxml2 libraries (it annotates using the specified values, not the computed values, though).
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Weinh. Str. 22 · Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de