Re: [CSS21] Make XHTML <body> magic just like HTML <body>

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:24:31 +0100, Steven Pemberton
<steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:

>> I guess this means that there is no longer anyone who actually wants to
>> keep these differences, and we can indeed go ahead with the change.
>
> No, no! That was then. Now that this has been in effect for so many
> years, a change would break all the stylesheets already out there that
> assume you can address any element in the tree.

Could you please point to one style sheet that would break with this
change? I have tried to find one, but failed, as indicated in my initial
email. (The ones I found were unintended by the authors; they actually
wanted to fill the canvas by styling the body element, they just didn't
understand that it doesn't work in XHTML. Such style sheets would in fact
be "fixed" with this change, rather than broken.)

Regards,
--
Simon Pieters