Re: [CSS21] Make XHTML <body> magic just like HTML <body>

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 21:11:35 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Simon Pieters wrote:
>> I don't think it's too late to make the special rules that apply to
>> HTML <body> apply to XHTML as well for CSS2.1.
>
> Define "XHTML"?

Sorry for being unclear first. See this email:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Mar/0040.html

> AShould they apply to an <xhtml:body> in any document?   e.g.,
> <xhtml:body> in an <svg:foreignObject>?  Or just to some <xhtml:body>s?
>
> For that matter, what do you want to happen if an XHTML document has two
> <xhtml:body>s?

What should happen in those cases for HTML documents (e.g. because of DOM
manipulation with scripts)?

> Extending this quirk from HTML to "XHTML" is a _lot_ more work than just
> changing the wording of that one sentence in the spec.

Work in the spec, or in implementations? IIRC, at least Opera had my
requested behaviour for XHTML before, but was then changed to match the
spec.

--
Simon Pieters