Re: Error in 2.1 test suite

Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:

> On Monday 05 March 2007 04:21, leslie.brown@evidian.com wrote:
> > Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to report this, but
> > there seems to be a bug in
> > http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/t0803-c5504-imrgn-l-0
> >2-b-ag.htm
> >
> > I suspect the fg/bg colors for .three span need to be inverted to
> > display the small light green square as announced.
> > (Ahem! I think the font value for .three is mangled as well.)
>
> There actually exists a font called "Ahem" and this test relies on it.
> The font was designed specifically for tests like these. The "x" looks
> like a square in Ahem, hence the test should show a green square.
>
> If you don't have the font, the test doesn't work.
>
> Unfortunately, the CSS 2.1 test suite isn't yet complete, that's why
> it's marked as "beta." In particular, it is missing a framework
> document that explains how the tests works and what the prerequisites
> are.
>
> All the tests that have an "a" in the last part of the file name (like
> this one) require the Ahem font. You can find the font here:
> http://www.hixie.ch/resources/fonts/

I seem to have multiple versions of this font, with widely varying sizes:

d380bf638b09b1fe766717069ba20f10  /tmp/AHEM____.TTF   (12480 bytes)
187af159748ff2a72bdf503b130de917  /tmp/ahem____.ttf   (31536 bytes)

The smaller one is the one at that address above.  I have no idea where the
other larger one came from, except that it was almost certainly found via
Google or a link from one of the CSS test suites a couple of years or so
ago.  Is this one at that address on Ian's site the definitive version?  Is
there actually a definitive version at all, for that matter?

--
Stewart Brodie
Software Engineer