Re: Stylings only possible with Tables

James Elmore wrote:

> I know that it's not their job, or business, to produce CSS from PDF
> files. But are there any CSS group members working for Adobe who could
> 'lean' on their bosses to allow CSS capture the way they allow HTML?

The HTML is recoverable because it has been explicitly added in the
tagging process (e.g. by copying the structural markup from a source
MSWord document).  If you have to generate HTML from untagged PDF, it is
likely to be a presentational approximation.

The style isn't recoverable, because there is no indirection of the
styling information, and because its theoretically possible for a single
structural element to have multiple styles.  Ignoring the second
problem, you could recover styles, but only at the level of id based
selectors for every element.

PDF is a final form document and only the revisable forms would have
style sheets.
--
David Woolley