Re: [css3-selectors] Namespace name lookup mechanisms

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Daniel Glazman wrote:
>>> What happens if the document defines namespace prefix FOO for a given
>>> URI and the stylesheet defines prefix foo for another URI ?
>> In a stylesheet, namespace prefixes are defined by @namespace.  It
>> doesn't matter what prefixes the document defines, they are independent
>>from each other and completely unrelated to this issue.
>
> The text you proposed defines that the case-sensitivity depends on the
> declaration mechanism. Daniel is asking: what if there are multiple
> mechanisms? The proposed text does not say there can only be a single
> mechanism, and I think it is reasonable for there to be multiple ones
> in some environments.

If there are multiple mechanisms, then the namespace prefix declared by
a given mechanism is case-sensitive or case-insensitive as defined by that
mechanism. If a case-sensitive mechanism declares FOO and a case-insensitive
mechanism declares foo, then foo can only match the second declaration, and
FOO will match the first or the second depending on which mechanism takes
precedence, which is outside the scope of the Selectors spec since it does
not specify a namespace declaration mechanism. Basically, a case-insensitive
declaration declares all case variants of the prefix.

~fantasai