Re: [CSS21] Margin-Collapse Property to fix inconsistency

Safari actually supports exactly this already.  You can try it out
either in nightlies (or in the 3.0 beta).  The syntax I used was a
little different though.  I implemented:

-webkit-margin-top-collapse
-webkit-margin-bottom-collapse

and

-webkit-margin-collapse (which sets both)

The values I chose were

separate - "Don't collapse"
collapse - "Do collapse"
discard - "Throw the margin away"

Discard actually allows for the modeling of the quirky behavior you
see in browsers where margins disappear in table cells in quirks mode.

Anyway, I completely agree that this should be standardized (and am
flexible regarding the syntax).

dave