Re: [cssom] simple assignment involving !important

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Testing shows that Internet Explorer 7 does not support it and Opera 9
> and Firefox 2 do...

Along similar lines...  Firefox (more or less by accident) also supports:

   foo.style.width = "5em ;"
   foo.style.width = "5em }"

I'd say that we want to treat those as syntax errors too and discard the sets...

> Given that .width is basically a shorthand for
> setProperty("width", setted value, null)

I suspect that setProperty() also has issues at least in Firefox, e.g. if one does:

   setProperty("width", "5em; height: 2em", "important");

I bet the width comes out 5em....

-Boris