Re: Should 'display: none' be handled by 'visibility'?

On 27 Jul 2007, at 12:18, Markus Jonsson wrote:
> I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but the display
> property has a minor problem. Often, {display: none} is used with
> dynamic
> html, where an element could show or hide on demand. Hiding is
> easy, but once you need to reshow the element, you need to know the
> appropriate display mode.

No you don't. If it is set with inline style then you can set the
property to an empty string. If it is set via a stylesheet, then you
just need to construct your style rules carefully so that you can
alter the className property so the selector no longer matches.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/