Re: 3rd call: CSS2: howto disable audio?

Christoph,

Hiding img boxes prevents the user seeing them.
Unfortunately in the case of audio it does not prevent hearing them.

Also, as you are aware, plugins are treated as one group so the user
has no means to distinguish them, with CSS.

Whilst I realise the working group is aware of this issue, I'm
concerned as to who represents the needs of users, and have moved
that discussion to a separate thread.

cheers

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 26 Jul 2007, at 12:40, Christoph Päper wrote:

ありがとうございました。:

> Christopher,

My first name is Christoph. I can understand people shortening names
at least in oral speech, although I don't like being called Chris
either, but why would anyone lengthen them?

> Thank you for asking a pertinent and relevant question:
> "How do you disable images with CSS?"

That one was rhetorical.

> img { visibility:hidden;}

This hides certain boxes with their space being reserved, it does not
disable images.