Re: scroll bar size in width calculations

On Dec 22, 2007 9:36 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>  However the attached example is rendered identical in all browsers we
> try. Is there something in the spec that requires subtracting scrollbar
> width from 'width', or is there language elsewhere which gives UA freedom to
> do so?

I think that language is the sentence you just quoted: "The space taken up
by the scrollbars affects the computation of the dimensions in the rendering
model."

Anyway, if anything needs to change here it's the spec, since this is
interoperably implemented and authors depend on it working the way it does.

Rob
--
"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred
denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back,