Re: standard out of the box (was: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone)

 You could be using DOCTYPE as every other major browser does, and if that
happen to break a web application or page, (which has the right DOCTYPE but
expect a non-standard mode to work well), you could solve it in this way:

Keep a list of sites the user wants to display in quirks mode no matter
what. With a simple add button or menu item "Revert to quirks (or
conservative or whatever you want to call it) mode for this site".

This would easily solve large organizations' web applications and intranets
problems.

This strangely reminds me of Firefox's IE tab extension philosophy.