RE: FW: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone

I do not think I am disclosing too much by saying that HasLayout will be history with IE8 (it was an internal data-structure to begin with and should have never been exposed). See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250481.aspx for more details.

-- Markus [MSFT]

From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gabriele Romanato
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:15 AM
To: Daniel Glazman
Cc: Håkon Wium Lie; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: FW: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone

You seem to forget that MS has deliberately omitted to mention its support to the infamous hasLayout property. I fear to see what will happen if such property will be combined with generated content or other advanced feaatures.
For example, what happens to an element with a counter when hasLayout is set to false?
2007/12/20, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com <mailto:daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> >:

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> You seem to doubt the sincerity of my congratulations.

Not at all.

</Daniel>

--
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/