Re: [Proposal] CSS gradients

* David Woolley wrote:
>With any modern browser and server, you only need one connection,
>although I think all will open more than one.
>
>Basically, any modern browser and server should use HTTP pipelining and
>request multiple images on a single connection and without waiting for
>each one to return.

You use multiple connections to download multiple resources in parallel.
You use persistent connections to download multiple resources over the
same connection. And you use pipelining to request multiple resources at
once over the same connection (you simply do not wait for the response
to fully arrive before making the next request). You cannot do without
multiple connections e.g. if you make a page with a live video feed and,
say, some "coming up next" feature.