Re: CSS Generated content selection

Spartanicus wrote:

> Apparently my point of view has some support given the message by Steven
> Pemberton in this thread in which he stated that "This has been changed
> in XHTML2 at the request of many people."

Good for you, then. You won't be surprised to hear that I've got issues
with a few things in XHTML2 as well.

>> Is it a flaw in current browsers
>> that they try to at least put a "*" in front of bulleted list items when
>> copy/pasting?
>
> Yes. (only Moz derived browsers do so of the three I quick tested this
> in btw)

So, to recap, when doing copy/paste, only the actual text in markup
should be copied? In that case, for consistency, the same should also
apply to paragraphs (and similar block level elements) and line
breaks...if there's no line break between paragraphs in source, there
shouldn't be one when copy/pasting. This would then help in stripping
this type of operation in browsers of any remnant of usefulness.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/
http://streetteam.webstandards.org/