Re: [css3-selectors] :parent selector

Le Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:41:28 +0300, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> a écrit:

> David Hyatt wrote:
>>  I have yet to see any compelling use case for a :parent selector (or
>> for many of the other CSS3 selectors for that matter).
>
> My favorite:
>
>    :link {
>       background: navy;
>       color: white
>       border: outset thin white;
>    }
>
>    /* select links with img child, i.e. all image links */ {
>       background: transparent;
>       border: none;
>    }
>
> ~fantasai

Any single selector in the CSS 3 Selectors specification can be used for
an infinite number of reasons. All you need is a designer who knows what
can be done, then he'll come up with some "creative" layout which usually
goes beyond what's possible. Then the fun part comes: a tag soup of
divs/spans to get the desired results.

However, I see the parent selector to be much more important and needed
than some of the new selectors in the CSS 3 Selectors specification (eg.
:empty).

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future