Re: [css3-selectors] :parent selector

I'd say use a class attribute on your image links and spare yourself
the lousy page performance of a parent selector. :)  The class
attribute is so useful at obviating the need for all these fancy
selectors and will perform better in any modern browser than all
these more advanced selector alternatives.  Maybe some people view
this kind of class attribute document pollution as a bad thing, but
it allows for simpler rule construction and much better performance.

I suppose you might counter that this kind of rule would be useful in
a user stylesheet, but user stylesheets are only interesting to the
0.000001% of the browser user population that understand CSS well
enough to construct and apply them. :)

dave