Re: Up-to-date CSS 3 grammar

On Saturday 2006-09-09 22:37 +0200, Damiano Albani wrote:
> In the process of upgrading a CSS parser to make it "understand" CSS
> 3, I'm looking for a grammar.

For what it's worth, I don't know of a formal grammar that accurately
reflects the forward-compatible parsing rules.  The ones published in
CSS1, CSS2, and css3-syntax don't.  I'd like css3-syntax to eventually
do so.  So the spec grammars aren't particularly useful for
implementation, and never have been.

That said, those implementations that have written their CSS parsers
using flex or similar tools probably have such a grammar.  There just
hasn't been one contributed to the spec.

-David