Re: [CSS21] XHTML versus HTML table rendering example

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> The example in http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-CSS21-20060411/tables.html#q7
> illustrates a difference between rendering in HTML and XHTML for an
> identical tree. I'm not aware of any UA actually rendering both examples
> differently and I'm strongly opposed introducing (more) such rendering
> differences.

As a matter of fact, DocZilla renders these HTML and XHTML
examples slightly differently, but in both cases much like
the figure on the left.  Ichitaro Ark also renders these
examples slightly differently, but both like the figure
on the right.  xfy renders an XHTML example as in the figure
on the right, although it doesn't support HTML at all.

--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium