Re: Specifying intrinsic width and table layout behavior

On Saturday 2006-09-02 13:10 -0700, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> David, I cannot see why fourth box should have the same width as others in
> these tests:
>
> http://dbaron.org/css/test/intrinsic/block-overflowing-block-min
> http://dbaron.org/css/test/intrinsic/block-overflowing-text-max
> http://dbaron.org/css/test/intrinsic/block-overflowing-text-min
>
> I've attached screenshot of what I have on them.
>
> Last block is defined as:

The fourth block is the reference rendering.  The issue is that the
other blocks should all be narrower, as they are in Mozilla, Opera, and
Konqueror (rather than the way you show, as they are in IE/Windows).  In
other words, an explicit width on a block should prevent that block's
descendants from affecting the intrinsic width of that block's
ancestors.

-David