Re: Rendering of Svg Font

On Tuesday, November 7, 2006, 7:44:14 AM, Jose wrote:

J> The following font rendering rules for Malayalam (Indic language) are
J> handled by operating system itself in the case of normal fonts.

Normal fonts?

I wonder if perhaps your question is about specific renderers and platforms, rather than being about  SVG in general?

J> But in the case of SVG document even if the glyph set are provided it is not
J> rendering properly (i.e displayed in the order in which the text is
J> provided).Is it because of lack of support of browser/OS/plugin?

So, could you state what implementation and what platform you are using?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG