Re: [CSS21] Computing widths of block reflow context roots in the presence of floats

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CSS21] Computing widths of block reflow context roots in the
presence of floats

> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> Boris, I suspect that you are using not up to date document.
>> The one which is published currently stays:
>>
>> "(although a box's *line boxes* may shrink due to the floats),"
>
> The part I was quoting is in the next clause.  The full sentence is:
>
>   This is true even in the presence of floats (although a box's
>   line boxes may shrink due to the floats), unless the box
>   establishes a new block formatting context (in which case the
>   box itself may become narrower due to the floats).
>
> In my case, the box has overflow:hidden, so establishes a new block
> formatting context.

I see, mea culpa, thanks Boris (and David too).

BTW: yesterday I've implemented  @const at-rule [1] for CSS (after long time
resistence).
We are testing it and so far so good, pretty convenient, especially for
our case - embeddable engine.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com

[1] http://www.terrainformatica.com/hsmile/css-extensions.whtm