Re: [CSS3] transition effects -why not use proper scripting backed up by the correct DOM methods?

Andrew Fedoniouk a écrit :

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Emrah BASKAYA"
>> I do understand the problem of having to put style related information
>> right in the javascript, but these things are too heavy for CSS, IMHO:
>> just because we don't want to update two files (css+javascript)
>> instead of one shouldn't mean CSS should hold the burden of these
>> behaviours. However, I do understand the problem of having to declare
>> style in Javascript.
>

> Main motivation:  I (as anyone else) would like to be able to
> disable/enable transitions and similar effects in my UA.
>
> Having animations defined in script does not allow me to implement this
> feature on UA's level.

That is exactly why events in CSS are here for. I am sorry i have not
explained this well, but it's possible with that. If the script taking
care of animations, transitions or whatever are with the main
"behavioral" script (as it is the case right now, since there is no way
to separate them), then there is no way for the UA to understand wich
script does what. If you allow to put script in CSS, then the user agent
can just have a "disable scripts defined in CSS" option, that will just
do what you want.

Jordan Osete