Re: Downloadable fonts and image replacement

Joshua RANDALL FTRD/DIH/BOS wrote:

> Yes.  I think the order-of-preference propert(y/ies) for webfonts to
> work alongside generated/replaced content should be able to express an
> order that goes: svg webfont, svg image, raster image, truetype webfont,
> system font, generic font.

I don't think that makes sense. Why would you prefer an SVG webfont over
an an SVG image, but an SVG image over a TrueType webfont? Either you
prefer images or you prefer fonts, not some mix based on the format.
The order should be

   installed font, webfont, image, other fonts, generic font

where installed font is the desired font, and webfont and image can specify
multiple fallback formats. I don't see any use case for making it more
flexible than that.

~fantasai