Re: [css3-box] padding-start/end

On Friday 2006-06-16 16:56 +0100, Mike Bremford wrote:
> CSS3 doesn't yet define a padding-start, padding-end, margin-start or
> margin-end attribute, despite the fact   that these are needed to
> correctly render lists when direction is rtl.
>
> As almost every layout engine has implemented this somehow, could we
> get it added to the next WD to make it official? I imagine those

There are a bunch of proposals for how to incorporate these into the
cascade, but there's a good bit of complexity involved, and it's not as
trivial as adding them to the next WD.

Some old threads are

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2001Oct/thread.html#msg58

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Jul/thread.html#msg83
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Aug/thread.html#msg310
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Sep/thread.html#msg17

but I can't find fantasai's more recent proposal.

-David