Re: [css3-box] padding-start/end

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:56:01 +0200, Mike Bremford <mike-css@bfo.co.uk>
wrote:
> CSS3 doesn't yet define a padding-start, padding-end, margin-start or
> margin-end attribute, despite the fact   that these are needed to
> correctly render lists when direction is rtl.
>
> As almost every layout engine has implemented this somehow,

Really? I'm only aware of some experimental support in Mozilla... Note
that if you'd do this you'd need it for 'border' as well and perhaps other
properties... Some properties would also need new values etc.

> could we get it added to the next WD to make it official?

Having it in a WD doesn't make it official. (They were in fact in a
previous WD iirc.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>