Re: [Selectors], XSLT, and a browser's internal view of an xml document

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Noah Scales wrote:
>> And a whole bunch of other
>> things (arbitrary XML formats)? So the css namespace
>> is useful to modularize how new XML formats can be
>> styled.
>
> Again, I don't follow what you mean.  Perhaps an example is in order?

I think he's suggesting some kind of css:style attribute that can be
used on any arbitrary element, somewhat like the XHTML style attribute.

<foo css:style="color: green;">bar</foo>

xml:style may be a little more suitable for that, though I doubt it
would ever be accepted either since, like the (X)HTML style attribute,
it fails to separate semantics from the presentation.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/