Re: I18n comment: xml and namespaces version

* Felix Sasaki wrote:
>> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-css3-selectors/

>>> #5 the spec does not rely on a given version of XML. It can select
>>>     in any kind of markup tgree-based language.

>and that is the reason why it should say what happens if there is a clash
>in versions. Or it should add a note to warn the users of such clashes,
>e.g. saying
>
>"This specification does not provide mechanisms to avoid clashes which
>might occur due to different versions of markup languages. An example are
>clashes between different versions of XML.

Could you give an example of such a "clash" or how mechanisms to avoid
them could look like? Selectors can match any namespace, any element
name, any attribute name, any attribute value, so long as the match does
not depend on looking for a U+0000 character at any point in the tree. I
can't really think of changes to XML or XML Namespaces that require CSS
authors to take steps to avoid any kind of problem, or a revision of CSS
to take those changes into account, so long as XML documents are tree
structures.