Re: [CSS21] text-decoration on replaced elements that "contain text"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>

> On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>>
>> I have one more:
>>
>> consider following:
>>
>> p { text-decoration:underline }
>> p > span { display: inline-block; }
>>
>> and markup:

>> Shall span here be underlined as single inline block
>> or words 'one' and 'two' shall be underlined separately?
>
> The spec actually mentions this case explicitly, and the answer is that
> the inline-block is treated as a single unit, the "one" does not become
> the first line. Nor is text-decoration propagated to inline-block boxes,
> that is also called out explicitly.

Ian, what does this mean:
"the "one" does not become the first line"?

And more: Am I right in my understanding that:

text-decoration is inheritable by pure (in-flow) block
elements and it is not inheritable by inline blocks ?

So here:
content of all cells in the table will be underlined and
here:
</strike>
will be not.

And another question is:
<input> - is it "naturally" inline or inline-block element?

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com