Re: Idea: background-image-frame attribute

On 1/1/06, HeroreV <herorev@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Except it is returning a value, specifically image data.
>
> If url() returns the data that is present at the given URL and not the URL
> itself, it is not very semantic. And if url() really does represent a URL,
> then properties such as background-image aren't very semantic, since a URL
> pointing to an image is not an actual image.
>
> background-image - Give me the source of some image data.
> url() - Here's a source.
> me - Why is background-image asking for a source?

As I said, what's missing is an image object that takes the url
object. CSS has little omissions like this all over the place. From
missing parameters, to inconsistencies between property names and
functions and when to use them. To try and call forth some sort of
single reasoning behind them probably won't work. Since there are many
precidents from which to pull from.

--

Orion Adrian