Re: Selector for parent/predecessor?

* Mark Birbeck wrote:
>My response was simply that it is irrelevant whether people want to
>produce good web sites or bad--that's up to them, and the job of
>standards bodies should be to provide functionality to be used by
>authors, not set themselves up as some kind of priesthood.

The CSS Working Group does not provide functionality to authors, browser
vendors and other CSS implementers do. If they decide that some feature
is not going to be offered to authors because it encourages authors to
write content that performs poorly in their applications, then there is
no point in helping them to offer the feature interoperably through new
specifications, test suites, and so on.