Re: Downloadable fonts and image replacement

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> The problem with this is that you can't select an element based on the
> value of another property.  There are many reasons for this, but, for
> example, what happens when one does this:
>
> #companyname:font-family-fail(2) {
>      font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
> }
>
> Does the pseuso-class still match when the system has Times New Roman
> available?

My post vanished amongst the heat of the discussion, but I think before we
have a clutter of :fallbackthis :fallbackthat pseudo classes, I want to
remind you that we could have a generic fallback mechanism:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Apr/0073.html

Please reply under that thread if you think the idea is any useful.

Yours,
Emrah Baskaya
www.hesido.com