Re: [CSS21] Does 10.6.7 apply to the root element?

Most people think that root is the ICB, and in fact, IE behaves as if
it were. For example, in IE, documentElement.clientHeight will return
the viewport's height, but in mozilla, the root's height will grow to
accomodate it's children.

Mozilla's behavior is correct, because in reality, the root is not the
ICB. The root is the root and the ICB is the viewport.

If overflow on the root is applyied to the viewport instead, this will
further add to confusion and misunderstanding about the ICB and the
root.

Garrett

--
http://dhtmlkitchen.com/