Re: [css3-color] 'currentColor' change at parse time?

On Saturday, April 1, 2006, 12:10:47 AM, L. wrote:

LDB> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-color-20030514/#currentcolor says:
LDB> # If the 'currentColor' keyword is set on the 'color' property itself,
LDB> # it is treated as 'color:inherit' at parse time.

LDB> Why should this happen at parse time, rather than the time of value
LDB> computation?  It seems unusual, since I don't know of any other property
LDB> transformations that are specified as happening at parse time.

currentColor should be the current value of the color property on that element - which could change at any time from such things as scripting, animation, new style sheets being loaded, etc.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG