Re: Why Binding Scripting in Style Layer Conflates Semantics

Shelby Moore wrote:

> Now I know the XBL proponents want to think that if a <select> is
> implemented by XBL code as a list of <a> hyperlinks, then the semantics
> haven't changed because <select> is in the markup, not <a>s.  But if I
> accepted that logic, then I can put on Halloween mask and tell everyone I
> am Modzilla, and that means it is true.  We don't want to create an
> architecture for a "web of deception".

Actually, based on what you say in the beginning, the mask example would
be: you can put on a mask and act like Modzilla, but underneath you're
still Shelby (the <select> is putting on a mask of <a>s, but the
semantics in the markup still say it's a <select>).

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/